Wednesday, April 22, 2015

And So To Bed

This morning I emailed an employer to thank them for paying me. Their server rejected the email as "inappropriate content."

And that was just the start of it. Today was a day where the music of the spheres was a beautiful misalignment of unhelpful emails. Fired from one project, deluged with paperwork by another.

"Go back to bed," urged one boss, and she was right. This last week has been a succession of mornings where I've got out of bed and regretted it.

I knew I'd done the right thing when, as soon as I reached the bed, the cat joined me. Bedrooms are lovely places. We work so hard to make them nice, and then spend as little time in them as possible. I intend to rectify that for a few days.

I can't make the world a nicer place. But I think, just for a while, I shall only be replying to emails that make it worth getting out of bed.

No comments: