Monday, September 01, 2008

Five years of blogging

'ck me. When I started this, I was in my 20s and appeared to have an awful lot of... well, it seems it's true that you slow down in your thirties. Or maybe the boys have got quicker at running away...

Anyway, I was talking to a Novice Gay the other day (so new he's not experimented with hair dye yet). "I read your blog," he said, in the polished way that Modern Youth has. "Well, most of it. It made me feel that I'm in Life on Mars, and you're the gay Gene Hunt."

I laughed at the time, but suddenly went very quiet on the nightbus home.

3 comments:

Perry Neeham said...

Meant as a compliment I'm sure. Unless he was being super-subtle and suggesting that he had to hunt for your gay gene.

Skip said...

Modern Gays do not give compliments. They just add you on Facebook.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your semidecanniversary! (Overkill?)

Don't slow down just yet, you still have to try and hit 40 with a bang ;)