Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Old school crush

Off to Tokyo at the end of October, to meet up with a man who I fancied at school more than Jane Austen.

He is, obviously, as straight as he is lovely. It was one of those things that I was never sure about - mind you, I seem to remember that, at the time, I was all giant glasses and nylon pyjamas.

But still... a boy can have fond nostalgic memories.

Anyway, the point is, that, lovely as this guy is, he had an even more attractive brother. Who I'd completely forgotten about - until Wouter casually informed me that... his brother now has a boyfriend. Pause. Wobble. Heart flutter.

Funny how odd that feels. Discovering that someone you've forgotten about is....
1) Still handsome
2) Gay
3) Unavailable

Weird mix of emotions. None of them easy. Or funny.

So, to close, I'd just like to mention that Adam the Restaurant Manager texted me at 4am to inform me that he was playing with himself. Not particularly funny, but certainly bizarre. I mean - what am I supposed to say to a detail that? Especially since, when I eventually received the message, the only response I could send was "Eating bran flakes."

No comments: